Turkish Girl Names – Turkish Names For Girls
Beautiful, exotic and melodious, Turkish girl names are full of powerful meanings. If you’re in search of the perfect Turkish names for girls, you have come to the right place.
We have put together a collection of some magnificent and sweet Turkish female name for you to explore. Go ahead and discover the perfect Turkish girl names for you!
Turkish Girl Names
Listed below are some of the best Turkish names for girls.
1. Azra : It is one of the most popular Turkish girl names. It is also known in Iran, Bosnia and Arabia. It means “pure, chaste, virgin”.
2. Bellinay : A beautiful Turkish girl name that has gained popularity in recent years. Its meaning is “reflection of the moon in a lake”.
3. Ecrin : Its meaning is not very clear, although there are those who say that it means “reward”. It is one of the names that usually makes up the most popular lists of names for girls in Turkey.
4. Elif : Pronounced “eh-leef” and is a very common baby name in Turkey. This name has different meanings, “slim” or “honest”.
5. Defne : Derived from the Greek name Daphe, which means laurel. It was the mythological name of a Greek nymph, the daughter of the god Peneus who escaped from Apollo by transforming into a laurel tree.
6. Hiranur : Is a name for baby girls that comes from the Arabic, “Hira”, which is the name of the cave where the prophet Muhammad received his first revelation and is combined with “nur”, which means light.
7. Meryem : It comes from the Hebrew, Miryam, which means, “sea of sadness”, although some sources affirm that it can also mean “rebellion”, “lady of the sea” or “desired child”.
8. Miray : It is a common name in Turkey for girls that comes from Turkish. It has a beautiful meaning: “the one that shines like the moon” or “lord of the moon”.
9. Nehir : It is a name that has gained a lot of popularity although its meaning is uncertain. It seems to be of Turkish origin and its use has increased thanks to the fame of the Turkish actress Nehir Erdogan, who starred in a well-known series “Yabanci Damat”, which dealt with a Turkish woman married to a Greek man.
10. Zehra : is a name of Arabic origin with various meanings. On the one hand, it is considered to come from the name Zahra, which depending on how it is pronounced, can mean “beautiful” or “flower”.
Turkish Girl Names Starting With A
Read Article: Popular Turkish Last Names
Turkish Female Names Starting With B
Turkish Names For Girls Starting With C
Girl Names Starting With D
Girl Names Starting With E
Girl Names Starting With F
Girl Names Starting With G
Girl Names Starting With H
Must Read : Turkish Names For Boys
Girl Names Starting With I
Girl Names Starting With J
Girl Names Starting With K
Girl Names Starting With L
Girl Names Starting With M
Girl Names Starting With N
Girl Names Starting With O
Girl Names Starting With P
Girl Names Starting With R
Girl Names Starting With S
Girl Names Starting With T
Girl Names Starting With U
Girl Names Starting With V
Girl Names Starting With Y
Girl Names Starting With Z
- Spanish Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Italian Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Top Hawaiian Names For Boys
- Best Scottish Names For Boys
- Polish Girl Names
- Hawaiian Names For Girls